Friday, January 9, 2015

If We Ask Anything


Yesterday, I left off with these verses: *Previous Post*

Luke 10:38-42(KJV)

38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

By the way, did I tell you that I was ignoring my husbands prodding for attention to discuss scripture with me while I wrote that? :sheepish grin: Ya, my life is sometimes THAT ironic!


Despite my ridiculous attitude yesterday, today I'm being blessed with an answered prayer. A day in bed. Eleven months without one single full nights sleep makes for one tired momma, and littlest big man has decided these past few nights that nursing every 30 minutes is much more satisfying than nursing every 2 hours. 

You know you're at you're breaking point when that second cup of coffee isn't jump starting your engine...or when you fall into a crumpled heap of tears out of exhaustion. 
I am grateful for a husband who allows Jesus to flow through him. Who picks me up when I'm down. Who shows me mercy when I'm too caught up in my busyness to acknowledge his needs and acknowledges my own. 

I've been praying for this for 3 days. Small prayers in passing. "Lord, I could really use a day in bed. I'd like to just rest and blog, maybe write, read a book. Yes Lord, it's selfish, but it would be nice. If it's your will please speak to my husband and let it happen, I know you will."

And then with my husbands arms wrapped around me in the midst of my breakdown, as he's telling me to take the day, crawl into bed, blog, sleep, whatever I need...he tells me God is answering my prayer...I didn't tell him I'd prayed for this.

The day in bed doesn't even seem as important now. That acknowledgement from God, the reminder that He's still there, that He WILL answer prayers, no matter how small was more than I could have asked for. 
So today, I put the serving aside, and I get to sit at Jesus' feet and hear His words, and it is good. 


Check the link up tab to see where this post might be shared.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful husband you have that God speaks directly to his heart. I am glad that you got the chance to rest and recharge yourself. Thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete