Wednesday, October 2, 2013

But Really, I'm Not Good Enough



There is more I need to say to you on the post I wrote yesterday, so much more, but I'm going to try to keep this one short...for now.

It's easy to address the people who criticise us, it's freeing to know we don't have to listen to their thoughts about us, and there's only one who's thoughts should matter. But what if that criticism is coming not from outside, but from yourself.

What if you are the one who doesn't feel you measure up? If you are constantly beating on yourself and think you are unqualified for the job God has called you to, or that you're too broken for Him to possibly want to call you to anything, please take some time and read your Bible and look at the type of people God called to do amazing things for Him.

They were not perfect people. The people God called, were murderers, adulterers, stuttered, had anger issues and oh so much more. They were not perfect, and you are not expected to be perfect either.

I wonder what message I'm sending to my children when I act or speak as though I'm not good enough for what God called me to do. Will they feel up to the challenge of God's calling, or torment themselves with fears of not being good enough to do His will.
You see right there, I'm already worried about what I might be doing wrong as a mother...but maybe that's what makes me a good mom? ;)
God called me to be a mother, and I think I'm a horrible mother most of the time, but we allowed God to decide how many children I'd be a mother to, and so far He's saying quite a few. If God believes in me, why shouldn't I believe in Him? I don't believe He would call me to something and leave me unequipped, but I do know that if I spend my time pouting about how horrible I am at the job, I'll be taking away from the time He's trying to use to teach me the lessons I need to be the amazing mother I can be with His help and guidance.

No friend, you don't have it all together, that's why we need God. You also won't grow by holding on to negative beliefs about yourself, and not leaving room for God to come in and change and grow you into the person He created you to be. And the funny thing is, you already are that person, but you're hiding under your own fears and the lies you've believed about yourself. You were made exactly how He wanted you to be, and only time has crusted over your mind with these lies and sin. Let Him wash you clean, and continue His work on you.


Philippians 1:6
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Welcome Home Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment