Monday, December 17, 2012

This Is My Love!

 
*Please take the time to read this today. I wrote it for you.*
 
Love. I think I had a better grasp on the concept as a child. Maybe that's one of the reasons he said  "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3. As a child I loved Jesus, I mean LOVED Him in a way that I don`t feel I remember how to love anymore. It was a no strings attached love, pure, unconditional, hopeful and full of joy and wonder.

 But the years, they can make us bitter and jaded. We may not see it, we may not even understand what we`re feeling, but it`s there. The negative influence of the world slowly plays on our hearts and minds. Tragedies, personal hurts, stress, responsibilities, these things can all impact how and if we love. With recent events we are left grasping to understand, we need to understand, we need there to be a reason because we want to fix it. We need to have somewhere to direct our pain and anguish over these horrible things that happen in our world, but where is that getting us? Changing the world is too heavy a burden for a person to bear, and if you have ever tried to tell someone what to do, you know how well that can work out. Jesus wants us to take His yoke upon us. Matthew 11:29

If you are still looking for a reason why these horrible things are happening in the world, if you are still looking for somewhere to point that finger I have somewhere that you can, ME. It was me. I have been wrong, I have not loved my neighbour as God has called me to do. I have not loved my enemy, I have not loved His children. I take full blame for the state the world is in because I have been a part of the problem, and not a part of the solution. I have focused on negativity, instead of finding the good in every situation, I have focused on the darkness instead of looking for the light. I have not been a light, I have not loved. I have been too busy blaming things and people, and I have been wrong. I am sorry for my part in this, but I promise that I will try my hardest to remedy it. I will fail from time to time (probably too many to count) but I know that this is good, and I have faith God will help me to love as I should.

Here's what I know. God is love, and when I fill myself with Him, and show love to others the world does become a different place, in each act of love, I change the world, maybe only to my eyes, maybe to others as well, but it's different. When I love, there is hope, and peace and light, and my prayer is that others will see that, and that the world might be changed for them as well.

I want to show you that I love you today, because I do! It doesn't matter who you are, your religion, your opinions of me, the colour of your skin, the way you dress, your sexual preference, your choice in music, your use of grammar, if you look at me the wrong way, if you believe what I say, if you don't believe anything at all, if you curse, if you stutter, if you're pro-life or pro-choice, if you're a man or woman, if you're young or old, if you're still waiting to be born on this earth, or if you've already gone home to your Father. I LOVE YOU. You don't have to earn it, you don't have to deserve it, you don't have to believe it. But I believe this is what God has called us to do, and I DO, do you hear me? I DO LOVE YOU!

So here are some pieces of love for you today, to get you through the darker times, and to help you remember there is light if you look for it, and if you can't see it, shine yours brighter!

Love on!

Love from theremix on GodTube.


John 13:34-35
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”


Rawsrvnt - Love On (Spoken Word) (@Rawsrvnt) from rawsrvnt on GodTube.

A song I wrote as a young child: (If you don't feel the love, at least you might get a laugh)
Jesus is Love, Jesus is Love
I wish I could give Him presents up above,
because Jesus is my friend, Jesus is my best friend.

Spreading the Love here:
Domestically Divine Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, Courtship Connection, Titus2Tuesday, Titus 2sday, A Pause on the Path, Raising Homemakers

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The song you wrote as a child is cute! My children like to make up their own songs about God, too. :)

    ReplyDelete