Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One Hour Bread

Yes, you read the title right! I recently stumbled across a great little recipe that I believe will save the day many times in this household. One Hour Bread! This bread is literally on the table in an hour. This was great last night as I made a big batch of homemade Green Bean Soup, and went to grab some bread from the bread basket only to discover a lone little crust in the bottom of the bag. :( Don't you hate when that happens? Homemade soup is just not the same without bread for dipping, and nothing makes it more special than warm buttered bread. Mmmm! So off to google I ran in hopes that my imaginative "instant bread" dream would become a reality, and it did! And it was tasty too! It made two loaves, and I have nothing but a crust left this morning. (It's that good).

So here is the lovely little post I stumbled across that saved the day: Simple One Hour Homemade Bread

Now I will admit there is nothing quite like spending the day working at the perfect loaf of bread, watching it rise, kneading it, loving it into the perfect little loaves. Let's face it, we don't always have the time to do it, sometimes we just need the bread now, and wouldn't you rather have a beautiful loaf fresh out of the oven than cardboard tasting grocery store bread?
Give it a try, hopefully you enjoy it as much as we did.
Also, here's the recipe for my soup: Green Bean Soup

Note: That photo is my attempt at the bread. Nowhere near as pretty as hers.

Linking Up Here:
Growing Home
Far Above Rubies

5 comments:

  1. So glad I found this post! I was just looking today to make a quick recipe for bread! Looks like I will do this tomorrow. Your green bean soup recipe also sounds wonderful! Gonna give that a try, too!

    Come visit me at my new blog location:
    www.heritagehomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I went to the grocery store today and bought the ingredients! I'm excited to try this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I tried this and it did not work! :( I didn't buy this "saf instant yeast" like she said- I just bought the Fleishmann's Fast Rising Yeast. It looked nice on the outside but wasn't fully cooked on the inside. I need to figure out where to get this saf instant yeast and try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole, I don't use the "saf instant yeast" either, I use fleishmanns quick rise yeast and it works great. Did you do anything else different? It's weird that it didn't cook through. I know if you cut into the bread too soon after baking that it seems to stay a little doughy inside too.

      Delete
    2. Hm...maybe I just needed to let it rise more. I have an Amish bread recipe I'm going to try tomorrow. It calls for more than an hour, so hopefully it'll work!

      Delete