Friday, December 9, 2011

Where is God in the Godly women?



I've noticed a common trend among Christian women these days. Among friends, and bloggers and mostly myself. We claim to live for God, we mention our love for Him in our "About Me's" we mention Him in our status updates, we "mention" Him, but are we still "living" for Him?

I know how hard it is with young children to find the time to read the bible, to pray, to just rest in Him, to let His love consume us completely. It's been a while since I've felt lost in Him, most of the time now, I just feel lost, and that's not because God's left me. It's because I've left Him.

We become so focused on the things that we think He wants us to accomplish. We build our blogs for Him yet spend more time making it pretty, working on advertising, and posting giveaways than we do to use it to talk about how He's working in our lives, what we love about Him, and how to love Him better.

I talk with Christian friends more about child rearing, and financial burdens than I do about Him. God seems to have disappeared from our hearts and minds.


I could claim that He's on my mind daily, and He is, but it's often in passing. In the form of a short "God help me through this day" and then proceeded by a complaint over how hard this day is.


The truth is, though I know there are so many Godly women out there, who are so in love with and living for God, when you are out each day in the real world or in the blogging world, how many women do we REALLY see God in. When someone is really walking the walk, it's impossible to ignore. I know, I've seen THOSE women, I LOVE those women, I want to be THAT woman!


I don't want my mind focused on having to teach my daughter ironing so she can be a good wife, or on how to bring in a few extra bucks to help our family like the proverbs 31 woman, I don't want to be consumed by how to organize my schedule better, or the best laundry system for our large family, I want to be CONSUMED by my love for God, I want my eyes, heart and mind on the prize at all times. I want my children to see not a perfect homemaker, wife and mother and to learn perfection in that, I want them to see Gods perfect love for us, and how to love Him back with all their might. I want them to walk with Him, and talk with Him all their days, and then look back behind them, and see that through loving Him, everything else fell into place right where it should have, because by loving Him, and following Him, it always does.


If we as Godly Women lived up to the name, imagine the things that we could accomplish in our homes and in the world, imagine the love that would shine through us to everyone who came across us, and the lives that we could touch. I want to be a Godly woman consumed by and radiating Gods love. I want to be a walking testimony to God. What kind of Godly Woman do you want to be?

Matthew 22:37–39Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'


Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.




PhotobucketGrowing Home

4 comments:

  1. This is beautifully put. Godliness is more than a declaration, but a foundation for living. God bless you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! It's pretty easy to get sidetracked. I wrote about this topic a few weeks ago. Here's a link to the first post in that series: http://awomanforhim.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/post-2-becoming-fully-submitted-part-1/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your post awomanforhim. I find it so encouraging when I see others on the same path. Finding that God is putting the same thoughts in others hearts is a great confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a powerful word! I am challenged daily between the peace of heart and the chores that have to get done. I think if I can get this one thing done, there will be time, but it never works like that. I am focusing on finding joy in all of the small mundane moments during my day as a stay at home mom. Instead of focusing on the irritating parts of the day living in the joyful moments, it seems to make all the difference. This is my personal journey, but it is wonderful to find others who are encouraged to grow closer to the Lord. I too want to be that woman who radiates with the light of God. I have many shortcomings, but God's not done with me yet. I strive to be full of his word and let my daughter see that. Thank you for your inspiration. God bless.

    ReplyDelete