Monday, May 30, 2011

Tid Bits from the month of May

Life lately has been crazy....as usual.

We allowed the girls to have a season of activities (I really should have known better). The 8 and the 3 year old are both in gymnastics and they are also both taking swimming lessons. That's 3 days a week of out of the house activities, 2 days a week of babysitting, add to that field trips and doctors appointments (due to the new baby)....there is a reason I wrote against putting your kids in too many activities. Trying to drag 4-5 kids around as you do all these things is a little bit much. Why do I never listen to my own advice?


We got to spend a wonderful week with some family and friends, they came and stayed with us and took the girls to a couple of their activities (wonderful treat for mommy). I think there is something to the saying "It takes a village to raise a child" though I tend to prefer the saying "I've seen the village, and I don't want them raising my kids."

Our first school year is coming to an end! WOW! Can't believe we made it the whole year, ha. Some lessons learned for next year, that's for sure. What a wonderful experience it was.


The children were all dedicated on mothers day (best mothers day yet).


Our garden is taking shape, and we're looking forward to: Tomato's, potato's, cucumbers/pickles, lettuce, cabbage, beets, corn, beans, peas, zucchini, squash, eggplant...and more.


Lee Lee raised over $140 in her fundraising efforts for the orphans of the Guma Na Yesu centre in Africa. I'm so proud of her!



Looking forward to a slightly more organized and scheduled Jun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful garden. We didn't end up getting ours in since we were out of state. Second year in a row and I'm so bummed.

    We love moth too only I'm not very good at sticking to it completely.

    ReplyDelete