Monday, April 25, 2011

Kids 4 Orphans



I recently came across something that I immediately felt my family would be a part of. I showed my daughter Lee and she was excited! She is the type of girl who is always looking for ways to help people. The one who always wants to donate her money to help some charity, the one who will sit on santa's knee and tell him she doesn't need any presents, and that maybe he could give hers to some other kids who wouldn't otherwise get any. She is also the girl that I've heard many times times say that maybe she should just start saving her money now, so that when she's older she can adopt. Needless to say, when I saw this post I knew it was for her!

Here's the link to the original post: Homegrown Mom: Kids 4 Orphans


OUR PLAN

Over the next little while we will be raising money to buy beds, mattresses and food for the children of the Guma Na Yesu center in Africa.

We're hoping to raise $100 which Lee is praying will go mostly to nutritious yummy food for these orphans.

We are a society obsessed with organic and local eating, we spend a fortune on it, yet there are children starving, or getting by on the absolute bare minimum. These orphans are not starving but they do not have that luxury of the healthy nutritious food we have become accustomed to, and we're hoping to provide a little of that for them.

Lee and I have planned a few things to help us raise these funds:


1. We are making greeting cards to sell.

2. We are going to auction off the contents of our shed online which is filled with children's toys, games, kitchen stuff, movies, a tv and more. LEARN MORE AND PLACE YOUR BID BY CLICKING HERE

3. We are also going to simply ask family and friends for donations.


We are all super excited about this project, and are already coming up with ideas for our next big fundraiser idea. I hope to make this a habit in our family.

Please feel free to read the post I've linked to, and start your own project with your kids, or if you are wanting to donate through Lee, just let us know.

Prayers for the fundraising efforts and the children of Guma Na Yesu would be wonderful! Thank you!

"When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God." Leviticus 23:22







Linking up here: Kids 4 Orphans Linkup




1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of selling greeting cards! Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete