Monday, November 22, 2010

Today, I Pray for YOU!



Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


I've been praying for our circumstances a lot lately. I'm grateful for what we have, and I know God will provide, but we are to take our requests to Him. I pray for my husband to find work, I pray God to preform one of His many miracles and miraculously take away our debt (hey a girl can dream can't she!) ;) I pray for His hand in things, and that if we are meant to learn something through this (and we always are) I pray that He reveals it to us.


I took this Spiritual Gifts Test the other day. My husband was taking it, and I thought, it would be interesting to know more about my gifts. I found that it wasn't the answers that revealed much to me, but the questions themselves that really got to me, and made me think (isn't that how God works though? Questions, not answers.


I wasn't too surprised, but I was a little ashamed that my "Prayer gift" fell so low on the scale. As I answered the questions, I thought to myself, I really don't pray, and I really don't pray for others much. I've been praying very selfishly.


I am going to do something different today. In fact, I started a day or two ago. Instead of praying for my family, and my families circumstances, I'm going to pray for all of you. There are so many of us going through hard times right now, there are so many without work, with huge debts. Instead of praying that God performs miracles in MY life. I am going to pray that He performs those miracles, my miracles, in yours. God has given us so much, and I just pray that He blesses each of you as He has blessed us over and over.


Lord, please make your presence known to all these families in hard times right now. Show them that your hand is in their situation, and that you are using it to better them, and to help them grow into stronger Christians for you. Please help the burden not be too great on them. Help them to laugh and have joy in this time of trial. Bring them blessings that we know can come only from You. Show them what an amazing God you are, and show them the miracles that you can preform in their lives. Let it all be for Your glory! In Jesus name, Amen.


Now the test said that I did not have a gift for prayer. Maybe not, but that doesn't mean I can't try. I hope you will all soon be showered with Gods blessings.

All my love to you, Jessica
1 Peter 5:10
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Romans 5:3
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance

4 comments:

  1. I did the test too here ia my result http://www.kodachrome.org/cgi-bin/spiritgift28.pl

    not very surprised either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I tried to view your results, but it wouldn't let me. I think my highest marks were Faith-19 and Writing-17. Go figure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine were hospitality 20, writing, Exhortation and Wisdom all 3 with 18

    I hope my blog reflect those :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, thanks for passing by FAR. I'm blessed by the scriptures and testimony you left.

    Thank you.

    P.S.

    I'm going to go take the spiritual test. ;-)

    ReplyDelete