Friday, November 12, 2010

Newest Homeschool Additions...

I'm so excited! I've been looking at and wanting to order these so bad, and for so long! At first I couldn't justify using my daughters homeschool curriculum budget, because what we just happened to need it for something else really important that came up??? What is more important than teaching her how to be a respectful, hard working Godly young woman? Here's is what I just ordered!

Beautiful Girlhood: Revised By Karen Andreola



Polished Cornerstones: By Pam Forster
Projects for daughters on the path to womanhood



Little House on the Prairie: By Laura Ingalls Wilder
So we can continue in our Family Reading Time together!



Making the Most of the Preschool Years: By Valerie Bendt
To hopefully give mommy a little wiggle room to spend more one on one homeschool time
with my little Lee.




So excited! Hope the order goes through soon, and we get these books quickly. I can't wait.

Any recent book purchases that you would recommend or would just like to share?

6 comments:

  1. all those books like great books, I will look into them :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing Beautiful Girlhood with my 8 yr old and we love it. You can check out some of the posts I made on my blog about them. Also have polished cornerstone and LOVE it! So excited for you, enjoy them all.

    www.raisinganarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a little different in that I work full time and my husband is the primary teacher. It is a little different but with the economy and construction as it is now it works for us. This is our first year homeschooling and my daughter who is 17 is using Polished Cornerstones as well. She is LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to using Beautiful Girlhood someday soon :) Have you ever heard of Leading Little Ones to God? It's our favorite family devotional book.

    What did you think of Polished Cornerstones?

    Thanks for sharing this list!
    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Girlhood is wonderful. I think that I have heard of the Leading Little ones, but I haven't checked that one out. I'll have to look into it. Polished Cornerstones is wonderful as well, we've only done a few projects from it so far. My only disappointment is that it referred to a lot of books that we didn't have and couldn't afford to purchase. You can easily use it without, but they sounded like great resources and it made me want them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I wish sometimes that I had unlimited finances to use on new books (...or, that I lived in a library!) :)

      ~Lisha

      Delete