Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Blessing of Perseverence

per·se·vere
to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.


I think I am being given a lesson in perseverance.

*Hubby is laid off, we have no money saved, and no money coming in.

*We have $300.

*We have a lot of bills piling up.

*Homeschool is seeming a bit chaotic...okay a lot.

*Kids have been sick and we've been at the doctors/hospital more lately than we've been home it seems.

*I'm currently on antibiotics.

*I've been feeling so unwell, most days all my strength goes towards staying awake and not throwing up.

*Last night, the van broke down (and we live out of town).


So, I must continue to persevere, I can not let any of this get me down.

Something for thought. Don't we all need to learn to persevere? How can we learn to persevere if we are not going through hard times? If we live a carefree easy going life, how do we learn this lesson.

I am grateful today for my hardships, and the lessons God teaches me through them. :)



Wow, I needed this verse today! So glad I just found it.


James 1:2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

2 comments:

  1. I will surely pray for you, sad that times are hard for everyone. Especially for God's people.. we know that as believers we will surely have to struggle through all the hardships, pain and misery. Good news is that we can perservere and trust in God that this is all in His hands... he will surely see you through it and hopefully in time He will see you out of it.... Keep the faith, in prayer and I am sure others will too. Prayer in itself can be huge. And know too...you are not alone. You have your family, Church and even people you don't know. We too are struggling. Neither my hubby or I are working, we have had to let go of things of this world, be more frugal and pray... he will provide. In Christ, May he bless you and yours through this season...Mica/The Child's Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mica,
    I know this storm will seem so small once we're out of it and looking back at it. I love that this will only "mature" me. It is an oddly calm place to be right now.

    ReplyDelete