Sunday, April 11, 2010

Special Circumstances

Wow it's been a while. I need to make more time to blog. This is a part of my relationship with God that has been put off for too long.
So thankfully, here we go again.

Special Circumstances.

What are the special circumstances in your life that keep you from doing the things you should be doing.

Are kids your special circumstance? Is being tired your special circumstance? What about an illness, your spouse, or a job? Sure these things give exceptions to the rules in many cases, but what about when it comes to God.

Do we allow things to become a special circumstance when it comes to spending time with God? Do we allow things to become a special circumstance when it comes to trusting God? Do we trust Him only until something really important comes along and then take matters into our own hands.

Do we trust Him with our schedule, our children, our health, our jobs, our hearts, others hearts? Do we trust that He can change any circumstance. Do we trust that He knows best, and wants to take care of us?


What special circumstances in our lives do we give God complete control over? Which ones are we trying to control ourselves? Where do we draw the line in trusting God?



I fall short of this so much. I want control of my kids, I want control of our finances, I want control of my fertility, I want control of MY circumstances. They're not my circumstances, they're the ones God gave me.



I've figured out it's going to have to become a moment by moment thing with me now. I don't know how to just give God my entire life or my entire day, I have to stop and breathe through each and every moment. Keep focused on Him, every second, through each cry from the kids, each pot boiling over, each toy I step on, each task. Each breath must be breathed for Him, and to do this I'm going to have to slow down each moment and each breath, and give everything to God, one breath at a time.




Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment