Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dancing your way to blessings

Why does it even amaze me every time He confirms something or guides me in a new direction? I should really be used to this by now, but every time I'm left amazed that He once again has taken the time to guide me somewhere new.

I followed my own advice, for once, ;) I left this blog in His hands and asked that He guide me to what to share next. Easier said than done for me as I'm the type that wants to have my hands in everything and have a hard time relinquishing control (yes dear husband I admit that) An hour later I already had my answer. I came across a post on christian mothers board I was reading, the woman wanted to share this email she recieved.

Before I share this email let me fill you in on a few things. About 2 years ago I remember sitting on the couch with my husband, we were talking about God, and a felt God tell me that I needed to "Dance" more. I took it literally and thought I was supposed to dance around the house with the kiddies more and that maybe it would be an answer to my weight loss prayers at the time. It wasn't until 2 days ago, reading this email, that I realized what He was talking about.

I also find it very interesting how He related this to the last paragraph I wrote in the last post, and everything I've been trying to do with this blog. Once again, a blessing of confirmation, I am on the right track!!

Here is the email:

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other. My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw "G": I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i". "God, "u" and "i" dance." God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead. My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies are upon you on this day and everyday. May you abide in God, as God abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.


Thanks to God and coming across this email, I now know this blog will be a record of my dance with Him (and hopefully some of your dances as well). And that it's by dancing with Him that we are able to recieve His blessings. This will be a harder lesson for me to stick to, but with His help anything is possible!







On a side note, my baby girl turned 2 yesterday!! Happy Birthday baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment